Cavite Invites Firms to bid for Sangley International Airport Project
After cancelling an earlier deal with MacroAsia Corp. and China Communications Construction Company (CCCC), the province of Cavite is again inviting firms to bid for the Sangley International airport project.
The local government said that the distribution of the project feasibility study - including updates and schedules, draft joint venture and development agreement, instructions to candidate joint venture partners - will be available for distribution for the whole month of March.
However, before parties could obtain copies of these bid documents, they must be able to submit an intent letter, sign the nondisclosure agreement, and pay the non-refundable fee of $20,000 (P1 Million).
Among the responsibilities of the partners include debt financing, providing the necessary equity investment, credit enhancement, and securing and performing procurement, engineering, and construction services for the land and airport development aspects of the 1,500-hectare project.
The deadline for submission of proposal is on May 4, 2021.
“Under the terms of the project’s no-objection clearance from the Department of Transportation, no sovereign loan or National Government guarantee will be granted,” it said.
Cavite’s Public-Private Partnership Selection Committee Legal Officer Jesse R. Grepo said, “As of now, we haven’t received any formal inquiries yet.” He said that there were some who expressed their intent but haven’t submitted bids yet. “I can’t assume if the same are still interested now,” he added.
In 2019, MacroAsia-CCCC tandem submitted a proposal. Other groups that bid documents include Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPIC); Prime Asset Ventures, Inc.; Philippine Airport Ground Support Solutions, Inc.; Langham Properties, Inc.; and Mosveldtt Law Offices.
“If still interested, previously registered entities that bought the request for proposals (bid documents) during the first competitive selection process launched in October 2019 would have to submit a new written expression of intent, update their registration details, and pay the renewal fee of P25,000 or $500,” the Cavite provincial government said.
Meanwhile, Cavite Governor Juanito Victor “Jonvic” C. Remulla, Jr. said the “various deficiencies in the submission of requirements to conclude the joint venture agreement” led to the cancellation of the deal.